Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Who let the dog out?


When I photograph families, I try to keep as much personality in the portrait as possible. Sometimes things don't work out so well. With this session I had photographed them the previous day, but did not really capture the family in a way that really said much about them. This is the first time in two years that I felt I needed a reshoot.
Soooo.... next morning, set the alarm for 4am and drove back out to redo the portrait. The individuals and other groups were ok, but the family group, not so much. As the kids were getting dressed I walked around the property and found this location on the bank of the dam. Even the dog was feeling good about the location and tried to follow a goanna up the tree. I think he is the star of the show!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are all great photos, Rob. I really want my family to do a family portrait like this. Some of my children are growing up to fast and before I know it, they will all be moved out of the house and married. Before that happens, I want to get the whole family together and take one last picture taken will all the family members.

http://www.regensburgerphotography.com/photography-services/family-portraits/