Friday, November 9, 2012

CORRUGATED IRON SHEARERS QUARTERS.

As part of my current self-commissioned project I have just photographed the corrugated iron shearers quarters on a property out near Caroona. The shearing shed itself was finished on the same day that WW1 broke out and the date is carved into the building. The shearing quarters are still in use and it has been agreed that it will never be pulled down. I have never seen such an elaborate building made of corrugated iron. I initially drove past it on my way to another job, but it was too late. I was fascinated so I turned around to see if I could find the owners to get permission to photograph it. Luckily the manager of the property was at the woodshed and graciously gave me permission to walk around the place and photograph.
This is one of the images I made of the building.


No comments: